Monday, March 17, 2008


TOP 10 TRICKS FOR GETTING YOUR KIDS TO TALK TO YOU

10. Be upstairs if they are downstairs. This encourages yelling - always a favorite.

9. When they say, "Can I just tell you something really quick?" Say, "ly - don't forget the ly" this is guaranteed to start a fight.

8. Go to bed before them. They always want to talk when you are asleep.

7. Ask before you leave a room, "Does anyone have anything else they want to tell me before I leave?" They will say, "No." Then, as if by magic, they will have LOTS of things to tell you when you go upstairs. (See #10)

6. Be speaking to the other one.

5. Be doing something really noisy, they LOVE to talk to you when you can't possibly hear them.

4. Try and take a bath.

3. Talk to your spouse

2. Be on the computer.

1. Be on the phone.

13 comments:

mamatulip said...

*snort*

This is HYSTERICAL.

Because it's TRUE.

LOL!

Ask Me Anything said...

AMEN!

kario said...

11. Tell them you just need 15 minutes to be alone.

Oh well, at least you have a 13 year old daughter who still wants to talk to you...

Jenny said...

You're funny. Hey, where did your Gone Fishing sign go? I'm glad you're back, but that was cute.

Kathi said...

This is part 2 paragraph B of Murphy's Law. The moment I get a second to myself, there is a "disturbance in the force."

Anonymous said...

Ditto, Terry Whitaker!!!!!

..M.. said...

LOL! so very true

Meanie said...

one more to add - pick up the phone. my kids absolutely gravitate towards me when i pick. up. the. phone.

Anonymous said...

You're hysterical. My mother agrees with you.

Drama Mama said...

1A - Be on the toilet.

Reading.

Anonymous said...

If I recall you don't answer your phone or is it that you have that annoying invention called call waiting and don't answer my calls.

Anonymous said...

Yes Carrie, this sounds very, very familar. Too funny.
XOXOX

hg said...

So true - and might I add, try and read.