Wednesday, March 12, 2008





ENERGETIC MOBILES

Did you ever notice how everything you do/think/say seems to ripple out and effect everyone around you? Even those not "around" you but "in" your life? I think it's the whole interconnectedness thing, what we do DOES impact people. And that's the good news.

A fellow writer and I were discussing the pros and cons of blogging. For me the pros far outweigh the cons. My blog is where I further develop baby ideas in my mind. It is where I throw out to the Universe what I'm struggling with, and see what the Universe brings back to me. It is where I connect with others of like and unlike minds.

But, bar none, the biggest advantage has been the deeper connections to the people already in my life, and those in my life, but only on the periphery. This blog has helped me get to know members of my own family! I am one of 28 grandchildren from Ted and Miriam. We now range in age from 62 to 17. We live all across the world and come from all walks of life. We are Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Buddhists, Christians, Atheists, and Muslims. We are many in number and vast in our beliefs, but we are one. One family.

Once a year as many of us as possible gather along a lazy river and celebrate. This is a wonderful time, but not conducive to HDRs, just too many of us in too short a period of time.

Because of this blog I have grown closer to those that I already knew, and grown to know those that I was not as close to.

One pull on the energetic mobile and all the other pieces move and reshape. Move and reshape, something inevitable anyway, but instead of being passive, blogging has helped me be deliberate.

Ain't nothin' wrong with that. Thank you, Janie, Mary Jo, Nancy and Kalei. You are the greatest blessings from this process.

10 comments:

contemporary themes said...

I love reading your blog. It's the first one I click on each day.

I'm still trying to find my blogging voice, but I'm enjoying even that process.

Blessings.

riversgrace said...

Yes, your blog is our blessing, the gift of you sharing the real story.

Sometimes I wonder, besides the people I know, who is it from countries I've never heard of who return to my blog again and again. Amazing to think about what we might have deeply in common.

Thank you for your constant contact, constant insight, true and funnier than funny inquiry. It's an important part of my day!

Lola said...

Thank you for this post. I was just thinking about blogland versus 'the real world'
You continue to rock C!
:)XOLO

Anonymous said...

Thank you Carrie! I think alot about what happens ever year along the river, how we connect and then go our own ways. When we return a year later it's like time stood still there. It's safe, it's full of love, it's my happy place.

Love, Kalei

Amber said...

It is hard to make non-bloggers "get it". I, myself, never would have thought it would be so rich and become such an important part of my life. Even on my little "break", the blog and all my blog family feeeels close by, you know? So real to me.

I am happy I found your words.

:)

Anonymous said...

I love the energy in "energetic mobile." Great image, and as always, writing that goes deep but somehow feels light. I think it's your sense of wonder about it all, the honesty of your inquiries, the clarity of your insights. Thank you for all of it. xo t

Jerri said...

Your blog brings light into my life, every day. It makes me smile, laugh, nod in agreement, shake my head in amazement....

You entertain me and make me think. For all these things, I thank you.

Ask Me Anything said...

I feel like Jerri does. Your blog helps me know you even better--and I didn't know that was possible!

Anonymous said...

I love that you blog. I love reading it. I love that you share and help others grow in doing so.

Thank you.

Nancy said...

Carrie,

You have no idea how often your blog causes me and my thought to move and reshape! The benefits to you are many, and to your readers even more!