Thursday, March 13, 2008


THE GRACE OF PRESENCE

When I was a kid I was a loner, kept to myself, at home anyway, spent most of my time in my room, my haven. When I did emerge my mom would often say, with a smile and a warm heart, "Oh! Look who decided to grace us with her presence!" She wasn't being sarcastic, she meant it. She liked it when I was around. I didn't care so much for being around her, though, tended to drive me right up the wall, still does.

I wonder if my kids think I like having them around? I wonder if I DO like having them around? There is grace in their presence, for sure, they are two amazing, Divine and soulful humans. I love them. Period. And they drive me f'ing crazy. Always.

So, what is it about me that finds the humans I most love, so BUGGY? Is it them? Is it me? Is it "us?"

Today my mantra is, "Be present. Be full of grace."

7 comments:

Michelle O'Neil said...

They are mirrors!

That's why anyone bugs us. They shove all the things we don't like about ourselves right up in our faces.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the buggiest of all?

Moi?

Damn.

contemporary themes said...

Grace. Grace. Grace. to you and yours.

Jenny said...

Love the mantra.

Anonymous said...

Love your honesty. I think it is just the way it is. Normal. I love mine but they have a knack for bugging me too.

Blair said...

Michelle is right, They're mirrors!
When did you go to Sisters? I've loved reading you blog tonight - all those posts to catch up on. Congrats! on finishing your book - best of luck finding that Agent - I'm sure she will blow in like the wind!
luv u

Nancy said...

I never saw it that way but Michele is so right. I think about what it is that bugs me about each of my little darlings and damn! Those are parts of me!

kario said...

Maybe it's your soul's way of reminding you how much you love your solitude. Driving you back into your own space to sit with yourself is what you most need, so it's found a way to kick your butt right back there.

Love!