Friday, January 15, 2010

BALANCE

I feel compelled to tell you that three people came up to me Thursday after reading my blog and wanted to be reassured that I was back to putting Rojo to bed each night (and checking on him every eight minutes), and the answer is YES! I had never intended to hand over that duty to Woohoo, it was a one time deal. And I also feel compelled to explain that the reason STM doesn't do bed time duty is he does 6:00 AM toast and bacon duty SEVEN DAYS A WEEK. He is going straight to heaven for that alone.

I also feel compelled to tell you that although I'm still doing bedtime duty, Rojo is still going to have to adjust to changes, as the only thing constant in life is change, and there's really nothing I can do to shield him from that fact forever. So, while bedtime has returned to business as usual, my quest to find balance in my life, and thus, his, is still fully in effect.

In addition, I feel compelled to tell you that I went to a gathering last night that was supposed to be about overseas mission work (and it was) but I spent all the time I was there talking about special needs. I must be some kind of magnet, and while I don't mind being a magnet that draws out the wounds and stories of those affected by special needs, again, it cannot be ALL that I attract to me, right?

Tell me I'm right.

Changes are hard on everyone.



Photo from: http://library.creativecow.net

13 comments:

kario said...

Yup, you need some balance.
You deserve some fun.
Go fly a kite (or get a massage, or find a friend who doesn't give a rip about special needs to go wine-tasting with...you get the idea).

Love you.

jess said...

Oh honey. Yes.

To our children, changes feel fast and furious. To us, they so often feel just the opposite - painstakingly slow and arduous. You'll get there. So will I. I'm sure of it. Keep the faith.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are more than a special needs mom. It may be, though, that the energy that's primary for you right now is in that place. Your light is shining, and people are drawn to it, and they connect where they can.

And what Jess said. Time moves so slowly sometimes....

pixiemama said...

YES - change is hard on everyone. Even good changes can bring a wave of grief. And yes, you are more than a mom. You'll find your balance. I don't know when or how, but I DO believe you will.

Suzy said...

You are exactly right.

Deb Shucka said...

Keep thinking about what you're attracting on the other side of your life as a teacher.

Anonymous said...

You're right.

I love the picture you chose for this.

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

Balance is so elusive in lives like ours. We'll keep working on it, though. This I know.

Wanda said...

So right.

Anonymous said...

Balance is so hard to find for us is it not?! I'm feeling all out of balance lately. Too much Mom, not enough me. Working on that.

Change can be so HARD on our kids. Changes that are so small and take so long to achieve. We'll get there.

Oh, and you're right.

Jerri said...

You are absolutely right.

I've stumbled across cairns on trails that look like they're ready to fall apart, like a strong wind would topple them. Thing is, they look like that every time I pass them on the trail, sometimes over the course of years.

We don't have to understand how things balance, only that they do.

love.

Lola said...

uhuh, yup, yes, definitely, of course and always
xox

Amber said...

I hear you! People do this to me. The other day a stranger in a store just started telling me all about her divorce in the cookie isle... Georgie was looking at me, like, "WTH mom?? Who IS this woman??"

I agree that you must have an "energy" about you. And it is probably ONE of your archetypes...maybe The Guide? But it is only ONE of them. You are much more. You are many beautiful things.

I love you, for instance, for other reasons...Like your great boobs and nice ass.

;)