Monday, April 28, 2008

RE-VISIONS


I woke up this morning dying to get out of bed and to the computer. My notes from my editor came this weekend, and I was eager to get going on the revisions.

Re-visions.

Seeing something again. And this time, with new eyes.

When I got to my desk I noticed that my peace lilies had begun to bloom.

I looked up the symbolism of lilies and discovered they represent purity, chastity, and innocence. White lilies represent the purity of the Virgin Mary.

Next to each peace lily I have candles depicting the Virgin de Guadalupe.



I had forgotten to blow them out last night. They burned while I slept, and when I awoke, there were blooms.

Re-visions.

No accidents.

8 comments:

Kathi said...

No accidents; you are being buoyed, supported and loved.

hg said...

re-visions. seeing it again. i love that.

Anonymous said...

Hell, you're lucky you didn't rise again from ashes...........

Deb Shucka said...

All these years of teaching kids to revise, I've never thought of it as seeing anew. Thank you so much for this. I love your spirit and the energy with which you're approaching this next write. Magic and power are afoot.

contemporary themes said...

Seeing something again. And this time, with new eyes.


Love that line.

Anon. is too funny! I thought something similar when I read you left the candles burning all night.

Love you.

riversgrace said...

Love this post. Just like its description!

Michelle O'Neil said...

: )

Ms. TK said...

The Lady of Guadalupe is my homegirl!

No lie! I wore a bracelet with her on it today.

I mean it - raising Jesus couldn't have been easy. People didn't understand him. They didn't have Inclusion in those days. He wasn't on the spectrum, but he was out there, you know? Misunderstood. And My Girl Lupe stuck by him.

Do you know about Lady G and Juan Diego? How flowers bloomed in his serape for her?

NO accidents.

Love this. Love, love, LOVE this.