Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MARY, QUEEN OF HEAVEN

I've written about Mary before and my affinity for her, but she is making her presence known a lot these days, so I told her I'd toss her another bone.

And she laughed.

Because Mary is nothing if not funny.

I'm not sure just why I love her so much.

Maybe it's the fact that she raised pretty much the most "special" boy ever.

Maybe it's the fact that to me she represents the divine feminine, the "energy" that I think is sorely missing on our planet today.

Maybe it's because when I talk to her she listens - there is a deep sense of being heard - and understood - that brings me a sense of calm that I don't get anywhere else.

For my birthday in February a friend gave me Mary Seeds. (To order, click here.) Little clay bits with the image of Mary, Queen of Heaven stamped upon them. The idea is to plant them, literally, where you want Mary to grow. I've done me some planting, and I keep a few seeds around for more figurative planting. Got one on my desk, in my purse, in my car, and always in my pocket.

I've given Mary Seeds to friends, she is helping to sell houses that desperately need to sell, she is helping to build schools, she is re-building marriages, she is healing and blessing left and right.

And always, she is love.

May is Mary's month - her presence is particularly felt this month - let's go big with it.

13 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Love.this.post. Mommy Mary always gives me comfort and hugs too. I guess because she's familiar with just about every single motherhood pain there is?

Where in the world does one get Mary Seeds? Glad to know she's helping her spouse out with the real estate dealings b/c St. Joe's always faithful about that. :)

Anonymous said...

I think Mary's pretty cool too. I googled Mary seeds and surprise, surprise, the first site sold marijuana seeds. Too funny.

Thanks for reminding me about Mary.

Expat From Hell said...

Great post, CL! As a mid-life convert, I found the study of mariology to be one of the great spiritual benefits of faith. This will indeed be a good month! Keep up the great work.

EFH

Anonymous said...

all night i'll be humming

"When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be."

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

I love the idea of Mary Seeds. Just LOVE it. I will definitely need to order some pronto.

Lori said...

Love this idea and your sentiments. Mary's lessons are as important as her son's.

Drama Mama said...

For the hundredth time,

Mary is my Homegirl.

Guadalupe.

Santa Maria.

Whatever you want to call her, girlfriend DELIVERS.

Jerri said...

Mary goes big for us, all the time. We might as well go big for her, too.

Wanda said...

Not enough has been made of the femininity of the divinity.

hooray said...

You DO know that Mary appeared to me while I was at the Pecos Benedictine Monastery in 2004. It was AMAZING and so surreal and so very powerful!

I wasn't a big Mary kind of gal, not being Catholic and all, so it was extra special that she decided to penetrate that veil that had kept me closed off from her for all my life.

Love Mary.

Amber said...

Oh HECK yeah! She is working for me.

;)

Deb Shucka said...

I can't think of a better representative and agent for Mary than you.

Nancy said...

This is beautiful. I will be ordering seeds!