Friday, May 01, 2009

HEY, FORGIVE YOURSELF ALREADY

So I've had this whole apathy thing going on, and Wednesday I was driving in my neighborhood and saw the message above: Hey, forgive yourself already. Just there. Just there in all it's colorful glory - a sign, literally and figuratively.

Someone in my neighborhood keeps leaving cool inspirational messages like this in that same place. I always drive by, read them, love them, then promptly forget about them.

For the most part I don't walk around with a ton of unforgiveness, but I've got my share.

Wednesday night I was putting Rojo to bed and was grumpy and hurrying the process along. "You're not mad at me," he said, "you're mad at yourself."

Same message, twice in 24 hours - no accidents.

Time to forgive.

Time not to forget.

Time to promise.

17 comments:

Maddy said...

Glad a click on the picture led to an enlargement.....yup, we could all do with a dose of that......still almost the weekend! Time to recharge the batteries.
Best wishes

Michelle O'Neil said...

Rojo. Love that kid.

He is right.

Awesome picture. God bless whomever is doing those signs in your neighborhood, and thank you for taking the time to snap the photo and share it with us!

kario said...

Goose.
Bumps.

Love your neighborhood.
Love you.

Anonymous said...

he is unbelievable.

and like michelle, i adore that your neighbor does that~!

Wanda said...

What's it like to live with Buddha?

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a few months now and have to let you know how much I love it and look forward to reading it daily. You are an inspiration. Thank you for the messages and intentions you put forth into the world.

Jerri said...

Rojo rocks, as always.

The sign rocks, too. Totally.

The Universe sends both. Total gifts.

Expat From Hell said...

Love your neighborhood, too. Keep up the good blogs. I will be back again. Thanks for doing this.

ExpatFromHell

pixiemama said...

*hang my head, unwilling to accept the message.*

I didn't even realize it was YOUR photo until the post came through my reader.

*sorry*

Amber said...

WHAT a wise soul he is.

:)

Anonymous said...

I think I'd love to live in your neighborhood.

hooray said...

Holy sh&t! That kid SEES right through everything, does he not?! Wow!

I needed this TODAY, too. You know, I'm pretty mad at myself as well. Let go. Let go. Let go.

Love you.

Great neighbors ROCK!

Great bloggers who share what they see ROCK too! Thank you!

Lola said...

wow!~

Deb Shucka said...

Love the messages and the messengers. Wonder what's floated to the surface for you. Love you.

Tanya @ Teenautism said...

Yes! So simple yet so difficult!

Drama Mama said...

I spend a fortune on my therapist for what Madame Carrie and Rojo give me in a one-minute read.

Thank you, thank you.

Ask Me Anything said...

OMG, someone in my neighborhood has these inspirational signs--like a painter sign only way way better. She is always changing them and I am always getting just the right message at just the right time. I want to walk up to her door to thank her, but haven't yet