Tuesday, July 04, 2006

THE A GAME
My husband has a bone to pick with me, actually, more like 1,000, but his favorite bone is the "A Game" bone. And it goes a little something like this...
"You give your A game to your friends, and you give your B game to your family."
"You always have time/energy/patience/all things good for your friends, but not your family." (Meaning him, since this tale of woe began before kids.)
Blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda, you get the gist.
Well, I won't deny for a second that he's right. He's SO right. But, let me just say this, he's SO lucky to be getting my B game, and if he knew what was good for him, he'd be friggin' thanking his lucky stars, because guess what? The B game ain't that bad! He oughta see my F game, then he'd have something to complain about!
It doesn't matter how many times I tell him that if I were living with, paying bills, raising children, dealing with aging parents, etc. with my friends, they'd be getting the B game too! It's called real life!
I say this, show me a wife of 15 years, mother of two highly diagnosed children, living in middle America that is nothing but sweet, patient, kind and sexually available, and I will show you a woman that's heavily medicated!
B Gamers, UNITE! Let's storm Dr. Phil and Oprah until the beauty of the B game is celebrated and universally accepted! Actually, we better storm Forbes and Golf Digest, too, or my husband is not likely to catch it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I refuse to accept the "b" game assessment! You are in the game and that deserves an A every single day of the week and twice on Sunday. Go to the head of the class, tell Mr. Game (with all the loving kindness in your heart) that you refuse a 'b' and that any spouse who gives grades in this manner, is judging you and that is a 'c', 'd' and 'u' game...critical, distracting and unnecessary!

Flick, flick!!

Anonymous said...

The A game is reserved for those that accept, appreciate and acknowledge. Bitchy boys get the B game and get to stand outside the boundaries.

Me over here...you, waaay over there, until you get it and then, maybe, we'll talk.

Go Mama said...

"B" is for Bone Pickers!

Tell him to take his own bone and er, chew on it.

Michelle O'Neil said...

I can't help it. I like the guy, and I sense he knows he's got a good catch. Afterall, she stays with him, despite the wedding ring up the nose.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»