Wednesday, July 29, 2009


PLACE OF NO CONCERN

A recent blog comment reminded me of this piece about fear, and keeping a chair for it. The post quoted Clarissa Pinkola Estes as saying:

"There will always be times when you feel discouraged. I too have felt despair many times in my life, but I do not keep a chair for it; I will not entertain it. It is not allowed to eat from my plate. The reason is this: In my uttermost bones I know something, as do you. It is that there can be no despair when you remember why you came to Earth, who you serve, and who sent you here."

My cousin Jane e-mailed with a P.S. to the Because, Try and Hard Elimination Diet discussion. "Since we know all emotions derive from either Love or Fear; when we feel we might be in a place of 'fear,' with worries, insecurities, low self-esteem, we could recognize that something is causing concern. Then we need to choose to go to the 'Place of No Concern.'"

I will hold a chair for Place of No Concern.

I might hold enough for a dinner party.


* Photo from www.theperfectdecor.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that's my kind of party. there's booze there, right?

save me a chair?

Anonymous said...

I so agree with this post, but find it odd how society sends a total different message. "Place of no concern?" Don't you care about your loved ones? What kind of person are you? How can you be so selfish? I know this is not what you mean at all - I understand what you are saying, but living it takes a lot of reprograming.....

Wanda said...

We are known by the company we keep. Is it okay if I hang with you?

Jerri said...

Strange that you write about this. Yesterday morning, I spent half my bike ride thinking about this quote and your earlier post about it.

Love this.

Deb Shucka said...

I like this phrase.

kario said...

Printing this out and putting it on my wall and my girls' bedroom walls. Love it! Thank you!

hooray said...

I love this!