Monday, May 12, 2008

GIFTS FROM THE HEART

This is what I "got" for Mother's Day from Rojo - the use of Elmo, Sam and Lucky, for 90 minutes. Elmo was wrapped in newspaper, Sam and Lucky in kitchen towels. He wrapped them up the night before, which means he chose my happiness over his, he couldn't sleep with this tremendous trio.

In the morning he was beside himself waiting for his sister to wake up so they could surprise me. He presented me with the three bundles and jumped up and down the whole time (3 seconds) that it took me to open them.

"Look! It's Elmokins! I am giving you my brother! Little Elmokins! Do you love him? Do you love Elmokins? Do you love my little brother???"

"Yes! I LOVE him! Thank you so much!

"You get to have him until 9:00 AM. Are you excited to have him until 9:00 AM?"

"Yes! Thank you!"

"And Sam! I am giving you Sam! Do you love Sam? Do you love my brother, Sam?"

"I love Sam, too."

"You get to have Sam until 9:00, too. And Lucky! You get to have Luckykins until 9:00, too! Are you excited to have my brother, Luckykins, until 9:00???"

"Yes! I am THRILLED!"

Picking up all three of his favorite brothers, giving them each a full mouth kiss, hug and a twirl, he says, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom!"

It was.

13 comments:

Jerri said...

True gifts from the heart. Love that boy. I absolutely love him.

Kim said...

Oh, it is beyond sweet!! I can't imagine a better or more heartfelt gift.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Beautiful Wil. Thanks for sharing him.

Anonymous said...

That was my favorite Carrie story ever . . . well, that one, along with the ice cream one from last week, and also that Christmas card from 2006, and a few others. Happy Mother's Day!!!

My Own Woman said...

What a wonderful gift! You should be so proud.

riversgrace said...

That kid is totally enlightened! A life without posturing, what a gift.

Anonymous said...

Truely from his heart. You can't ask for a better gift than that. Oh, I think he gets it. Love this post Carrie. What a wonderful person he is.

Anonymous said...

Rojokins is TFB!

Anonymous said...

Those are the best kind of gifts, right from the heart. Pure love. Pure sweetness and wanting to give his mom the very best. What a gem!
XOXOX

Jess said...

So sweet.

Ms. TK said...

Goddang, he makes me wanna weep...

Your Dairy Queen story made it into marriage counseling last week...my therapist was very impressed and talked about honoring each other.

You are a very, very rich woman.

Amber said...

Sweetest. Thing. EVER.

*happy sigh*

:)

contemporary themes said...

Too cute for words.