Sunday, January 07, 2007


REVOLVING DOORS PART II

The doors did turn long enough for the man for whom I was waiting to be spit out, released.

My life did change after spending time talking and getting to know one another.

Not in the way you probably think.

It's a six degrees of separation kind of thing. I know someone who knows someone and so it goes. One good turn deserves another. Year after year feeling alone in the battle of life, leads me to this day. This day a product of my past, of time spent with a quiver full of arrows being shot with abandon, never knowing where, or if, one would stick.

Turns out one did stick. It stuck in a tree, piercing the tree, leaving that tree changed. The tree grew fruit, and from that fruit came this man at the airport.

Today is a day I set in motion long, long ago. What will be set in motion by my actions today? Where else stands a tree with an old quiver? Where else will today's quivers strike?

8 comments:

holly said...

oh, so curious about the man at the airport. hooked on this mystery story

Nancy said...

Part II only inched me further to the edge of my seat! I'm about to fall off! Incredible imagery! I'm hooked and waiting for part III.

Suzy said...

Your arrows are right on target my friend. All these years have just been target practice.
LOVE YOU!

Michelle O'Neil said...

C'mon Carrie,spill it!

We're dying here.

Don't make us beg?

Love.

jennifer said...

You are so cool...you mystery woman...you leave us all hanging on the edge of the arrow, whistling through the air....DON'T TELL UNTIL IT'S A DONE DEAL! PERIOD!

Jerri said...

More, please.

Jess said...

This is lovely writing, but geez, we have to know the rest of the story...!

kario said...

Are you loving this or what? I can almost picture the sly little smile on your face as you realize how torturous this is for the rest of us....