Sunday, February 24, 2008


MEET MY FRIEND, WHITE TARA


I decided to pick White Tara as a Buddhist deity I would use for meditation. I made that decision about a year ago, and let me be perfectly honest, I chose her because of all the colored Taras, white goes with everything. That, and I dig the "A-OK" sign she's making with her hands.

White Tara is the Bodhisattva of wisdom and compassion. Meditating on her is said to bring longevity of life. In Tibetan Buddhism, a Bodhisattva is anyone who is motivated by compassion and seeks enlightenment not only for him/herself but also for everyone else.

And so it goes, Tara and me, working on our wisdom, compassion, and their best friend, gratefulness.

As I rose from my meditation cushion this morning and turned on the computer, this quote had come through:

WORD FOR THE DAY
Sunday, Feb. 24

"Remember this always: The living of your own life writes the book of your most sacred truth, and offers evidence of it." Neale Donald Walsch, Tomorrow's God.

Shivers run through me. I am in Sisters again, doing another draft of my book, my life, too, is in draft form as I search to unbury my most sacred truth.

As part of my discovery process I continue to record my dreams. Last night I dreamed:

* A tiny, Barbie-sized child that ran on a battery asked me to build her a swimming pool. I built the pool, let her dive in, and it forever ruined her ability to speak, no matter how hard I tried to fix her battery.

* I was in a lecture hall listening to someone speak, and all of a sudden I started to be the speaker, from my seat, all eyes on me. "You need to be a vibrational match for what you want" I preached, per Abraham/Hicks.

* I had to get my son out of a village that was going to be overtaken by some evil person looking to brain-wash all young boys. I made a mistake and took my daughter from the village, instead.

Seems to be that my sacred truth includes free speech, the free telling of my truth, despite obstacles, despite all the shushing and silencing from within and without.

And so my mantra will be: I am grateful for my sacred truth. I have compassion for myself and all other sentient beings.

Note to self: Repeat until fully believed. Fake it 'til you feel it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

""Remember this always: The living of your own life writes the book of your most sacred truth, and offers evidence of it." Neale Donald Walsch, Tomorrow's God.

That really is tremendously good.

Deb Shucka said...

I believe you. Sending love and light over the mountain to you in the high desert.

kario said...

The white Tara has nothing on you, girl! You continue to be an inspiration to me every day.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Love your white Tara, love what the white represents...so perfect for you. Truth, compassion,being thankful..you remind of of these every day. Such a great post! Although, with your dreams, I don't know how you get any rest.

XOXOX

Ask Me Anything said...

I didn't read this until after I emailed you...no accidents. Always the message that's needed at the right time.

Anonymous said...

LOVE your White Tara that you picked. Thinking of you in Sisters.
Love you

Michelle O'Neil said...

I'm just smiling about the Abe Speak.

Love it!

Jerri said...

Love the NDW quote.

Isn't that just a more elegant way of saying "fake it till you feel it" as mentioned in the previous post.

Love to you. In Sisters and everywhere else, anywhere else.