Tuesday, December 22, 2009


NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT

Rojo is in 7th grade and already his friends are talking a lot about where they're going to go for high school. We don't know where Rojo is going to go to high school (and all prayers/candles/burnt offerings are welcome). We dodge the question every time he brings it up. He's already established the fact that he's going to go to college here in Portland, live at home, and just be gone from 8-3, same as now. From his lips to God's ears.

Today, driving all over town with me he piped up from the back seat, "I don't think I'm going to go to college after all."

"Oh, you aren't?" I asked.

"Noooooooo," he answered rather sassily, "remember? Duh? I'm going to get MARRIED? I'm going to be a DAD? Remember?"

"I didn't forget, but I didn't know you were planning on getting started so soon!"

"Yes, I am. And I'm going to wear a nice dress at my wedding."

"OH!" I said a little too cheerily.

"Yes, remember how for the Advent program we had to wear a nice dress? I'm going to wear a nice dress for my wedding, too."

Got it.



* Photo from hipgirlclips.com

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank for the smile this evening. It was needed.

fullsoulahead.com said...

You will figure out exactly what he needs. He will guide you.

jess said...

And he will be gorgeous. Red, I assume?

Anonymous said...

I like the image of "nice dress" he portrays. Somehow he gets it way before the rest of us.
He is a gift that keeps on giving.

Jerri said...

OMHoG, this is funny.

Rojo brightens my heart, over and over.

Deb Shucka said...

I'm not sure which I enjoyed more about this: the picture of your gorgeous happy boy in a dress, or the picture of your face during the conversation. How did STM handle the news?

Wanda said...

Go get me a spoon.

Anonymous said...

Keep praying and continue to trust. As one door closes, another will open.

Anonymous said...

Well, looks like he's going to march to his own beat straight down the aisle. :) You'll know he's found the perfect woman when she's on board with the plan!

pixiemama said...

I love a boy in a dress. I have three of them. :) All I care about is happy.

Just bought my first Mary tonight. Consider it lit.

Kim said...

How cute--made me smile!

Ms. TK said...

Whatever love wants, love gets.

The important question is what will the bride - Miss M - wear?

And us?

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

These boys of ours have it all planned out. "From his lips to God's ears." - Amen to that.

Won't be able to blog for a few days, so I wanted to stop by and wish you a most glorious Christmas. Lots of love!

Elizabeth said...

That's priceless! Merry Christmas, Carrie to you and your beautiful family!

colbymarshall said...

Hahaha! It's funny to think back on how much my idea of what my life would be like changed SO much from when I was in middle school to now...back then I was sure I wanted to be a vet and have 3 kids. Now, I'm a professional dancer and writer on the side, and I'm not sure if I want kids at all. Craziness!

Happy Christmas Eve!

Jess said...

I love that so much.

Please wish him a very Merry Christmas from me. Hope to see you guys soon.

Amber said...

Haaa Ha! I love it.

:)

kario said...

Never too soon to start planning ;-)

Eve decided one day that her love of all things office-supply is so deep that she might just be best served by marrying the CEO of Office Depot so she can get all the pens/pencils/sticky notes her little heart desires...