Friday, May 19, 2006

A PREFERRED SPOUSE IS...
I introduced my friend, Kathleen, to three women the other night, as my "preferred spouse." They looked at me like I had two heads, God, do I wish! I realized the need to further explain this concept.
A preferred spouse is....
  • the one that knows every thought that runs through your head, and doesn't ever tell you to shut up, or that you are crazy
  • the one that loves your kids as much as you do, and sometimes more
  • the one that reminds you when you're about to make a dreadful mistake, that the last time you did that, you made them swear not to let you do it again
  • the one that thinks you're hilarious, brilliant and fabulous, always, they are never critical (a.k.a. realistic)
  • the one that you run all your ideas by before implementing them
  • the one that has your best interest at heart, always, there is nothing in it for them
  • the one that thinks you're right in every argument with the real spouse
  • the one that loves your real spouse anyway, and always remembers their good points, even when you have totally forgotten them
  • the one with whom you'll never raise children, pay the bills or live with day after day, year after year, thus, never threatening their preferred spouse position

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie i know what you mean,i have Lonnie.We are so lucky.M