Thursday, May 25, 2006

ON MY HONOR
I just discovered that for a $1.25 I can have a cup of good coffee AND free internet! What could be better?! Best yet, the coffee is available from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM (my prime hours of caffeination), and it's on the honor system. Since I'm getting free internet, I'll give this free plug for Sisters Coffee Company in Sisters, Oregon. If you can get over the animal pelts and antlers on the walls, you'll be glad you came here!
Anyway, as I was saying, the best thing about this place is the honor system. That implies, to me anyway, that the people that come here are honorable. How refreshing. I'd like to think I'm honorable too. I would like to see more places get back to this system.
I'm going to conduct a little test, just to see if the honor is deserved around here. I am going to get up, walk away from my laptop (a.k.a. my lifeline), leave my purse in plain view, and go get more cream in my coffee. Here I go...
I'm back! Nobody stole from me, OR the honor coffee bar, as far as I can tell. I think I have died and gone to heaven.

4 comments:

Ask Me Anything said...

My whole entire life is on the honor system. I leave my car unlocked, usually with my laptop and tennis racket in plain site. I leave my purse at nearly every restaurant I ever go to and return 3-4 hours later (once I've realized it) to collect it. I leave my debit card beeping in the machine and people call me to return it, I drop my keys on an eight mile bike ride and someone finds me to return them. I swear...when you throw yourself into the honor system wholeheartedly--it loves you back.

Jenny said...

I wish more of life operated this way. Next time I'm in Oregan, I'm definitely stopping by Sisters Coffee.

I tend to distrust people until they prove trustworthy. My husband practices a different approach. He always gives people the chance to do the right thing first. I have to admit, he's converting me.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»