Wednesday, September 02, 2009


A PILGRIMAGE

One of the biggest disappointments I had about leaving Sisters before I'd had my break, was not getting to start my pilgrimage with Mary. Id' heard about this book and was planning on getting busy.

Well, Rojo, life and apparently Mary, had other plans.

Instead I came home and e-mailed all my Mary-loving friends, with whom I am richly blessed, and asked if they wanted in on the 14-day pilgrimage with Mary, laid out in the book.

A bunch of us are getting started on September 8th, which just "by coincidence" is a Feast Day of Mary, The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, celebrating her birth. (It also happens to be the day Rojo goes back to school and I'll have the wherewithal to do this.)

The book is written by someone like me: an unlikely Mary lover. Not a "cradle Catholic," just someone that happened upon a statue of Mary one day and was deeply moved. The book is very ecumenical, emphasizing Mary's role in many world religions, and has a relaxed approach. It's designed to be done in 14 days, but can be done in whatever amount of time it takes to do, either by choice or by circumstances.

Remember how I shared I'd lost my story? Well, I think Mary's going to help me find it again.

If you want to join us, the more the Mary-er.

To order yours, click here.

8 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

May you find not only your story, but the healing you seek.

Rosaria Williams said...

Hi, I've come in from Gumbo Writer, pulled in by the title of the blog. This post is quite interesting; it makes me want to know about your group of devotees to Mary.

Wanda said...

Mary, mary pilgrimage to you and your sisters. I look forward to the stories.

Expat From Hell said...

Carrie: Please include me in your list of "Mariologists". I, too, stumbled upon her once upon a time, with the help of some kind and alert monks. I have never been the same since.

Best to you.

EFH

fullsoulahead.com said...

I don't know Mary well, but she raised a nice boy.

kario said...

No accidents, my friend! May Mary guide you to your story and bless you with riches you can't yet imagine.

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

"the more the Mary-er" - love it, love Mary, love you too. I hope the pilgrimage is everything it's meant to be.

Lola said...

I'm in~