Monday, May 14, 2007


The first time I met her I knew it would not be a one-time meeting. There was a soul connection. I also knew it wouldn't happen overnight. There were issues of trust to overcome. That was OK, I could wait. Soul connections do not live within the boundaries of conventional time.

I was in her home. HER home. The place where my favorite words were put into my favorite books. I'd read thousands of books from thousands of authors, but now I was in the home of THIS writer.

I waited.

Someone else feeling similarly asked to see her office, just to "spin around" in the room where the magic took place. The magic of inspired words being put on a blank page, transforming the page and the souls that read them.

My head said, "Me too! I want to spin around in that space!'

My soul said, "Fear not. You'll see that space. You'll more than see that space, but for now, it is not your turn. Be patient. Good things come to those that wait.

I waited.

Together we took out the trust issues, one by one, and shot them all to hell.

Friday I moved my office into that office. THAT office. Our office.

Good things DO come to those that wait. And believe. And trust. And are more tenacious than dogs with a bone.

Woof.

15 comments:

Suzy said...

If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch.

Glad you're off the porch.

Love you

Suzy

susan said...

You are going to soar even higher ... if that's possible!

love.

Ask Me Anything said...

I feel the same way about Oprah. Some day...

Michelle O'Neil said...

A match made in Heaven.

Anonymous said...

It is very rare when you meet a person that you just know, deep down, with all of your being, is your soul mate. Going slow, taking on the trust isues all build a very strong foundation, that will be there for life. How lucky for both of you. You both deserve it, everyone needs a true soul mate, with the similar goals that are going to go beyond your highest expectations...Nothing happens by accident. Definately meant to be.

jennifer said...

...yes, you are in THE office!!! The magic has been happening from the day you came on board!

Deb Shucka said...

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to watching ( and participating in) the magic and power that will grow out of your union. You've already done so much to en-lighten your world and the people who travel through.

Love!

Jenny said...

You rock Carrie! Sharing office space (or any space) with the right person is a beautiful gift. Enjoy your space together :-)

Monica said...

Carrie, you are the best. Between the two of you, I honestly don't know who's higher on life. That is going to be one f'ing great office.

hg said...

I can hear the laughter in the office all the way from here!

Julie Christine said...

Timing and trust are everything. You guys are so blessed to have someone to share your creativity energies with.

kario said...

Yippee! Now, just make sure Rojo doesn't gain access to the sticky notes or anything to drink in there....

riversgrace said...

Just as it should be! Awesome.

Blair said...

Two peas in a pod.

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I am among the lucky ones who have had this kind of soul-connection and know what a rare find, what a gift it is. I could not be happier for you! xo t