Thursday, October 12, 2006

TWO KINDS OF PEOPLE
My husband jokes there are two kinds of people, those that pay rent, and those that collect it.
I say there are two kinds of people, too, those that always have a pen on them, and those that never do.
For years I was a pen person. "What do you need? I'm sure I've got it in my purse! Kleenex? Advil? Band-Aid? A pen? Do you prefer pencils? Got that too!"
I have deliberately taken all that shit out of my purse (well, not the Kleenex, gotta have that). I am choosing to believe that whatever I need, the Universe will provide, and I'm trying the theory out with pens, first. I am choosing to believe that there are always people around willing to help, and my life will have more pens coming into it than I can shake a stick at!
So far, so good. I'm even getting "right" with all the different colors and ink-flow issues going on in my checkbook register. Big for a recovering OCD-er!
Now you try:
The Universe will provide me with everything I need, and then some.
People are kind and willing to help me.
Repeat until you can say it and mean it.

11 comments:

Suzy said...

People are kinda willing to help me.
People are kinda willing to help me..Oh no, those are the wrong words...

Ask Me Anything said...

As you well know, I've been giving that theory some major testing for the last twenty years or so and it definitely works. I'm now learning that putting the "big stuff" out there works as well!!

Anonymous said...

Try a backpack with a camera. It's really all you'll ever need.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Ha! Suzy!

Great exercise Carrie.

If you get what you give, I expect a lot of help headed your way.

Love.

Jenny said...

I can help with the pens. I never deliberately put them in my purse, but wind up with countless numbers of them anyway. Usually because I borrow one, absentlmindedly chew the cap, and then put it in my purse when the original owner doesn't want it back. I mean, hello? I wipe off my saliva.

jennifer said...

I need a Barbie band-aid...STAT!!! Come on...don't let me down, baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Me too...I just got so tired of hauling around every little thing...I mean, come on already and low and behold, the universe does provide every little thing...and now...ack...it's in my purse again....oy!!

Anonymous said...

Me too...I just got so tired of hauling around every little thing...I mean, come on already and low and behold, the universe does provide every little thing...and now...ack...it's in my purse again....oy!!

Anonymous said...

Bail out my purse, check.
Except for kleenex, check.
Add pencils?? I'm not clear on this checklist.

Help, oh wise one!!!

Anonymous said...

I keep one thing in my bag and one thing only...a tea bag!! Yum yum yummy!

Anonymous said...

my bag is my backpack is usually half my bedroom, yes always a teabag, always a pen, always paper, always a highlighter, always a book. i bring it everywhere - at work people ask me if I'm a runaway, no, just busy, I say. busy having big dreams. which you have too. yes, it's true - a woman once told me 'throw your cause out to the world and the universe will support it.'