Friday, April 17, 2009

OUT WITH THE OLD

Cute (and functional) as this Rubbermade "nightstand" has been for STM all these many, many years, I just went NUTS and bought the man a new one!


And it was an IMPULSE purchase! Was just walking by an antique store and saw it in the window. The price, size and color was right, and the few dings just makes it match the one on my side, all the more.

STM will be 50 in a month, we've been married forever. It's time to get our bedroom out of the college dorm look, and into something resembling permanence.

11 comments:

Jerri said...

"Forever" is something resembling permanence.

Cute nightstand. Goes well with the cute husband.

contemporary themes said...

I love that THAT was his nightstand! I have some furniture like that too! The NEW table is awesome. Hang onto it for when we're roommates.

Love the blue wall color, too!

Wanda said...

Ah yes...I remember the feeling of "I have totally outgrown the bricks and boards" thing.

Alicia D said...

Tres cute! I love getting the decorating bug :)

Maddy said...

Ah the bedroom.......where is that by the way.
Cheers

Michelle O'Neil said...

I have STM's old nightstand in our bathroom.

Love the new one.

Love you!

pixiemama said...

Cute!
BTW... how long is forever? Because J and I use lawn furniture as side tables (wood, but not very classy).

Tanya @ Teenautism said...

What a great find!

Unknown said...

ooh new look - love it!!

Deb Shucka said...

I love the new nightstand and the absence of plastic in your sanctuary. I love the title of this post, which I had not read before I wrote mine last night.

kario said...

Isn't plastic permanent?

I've gotta know how he likes the new one...do tell.