Tuesday, April 14, 2009

FOUR RANDOM AND TOTALLY UNRELATED WOOHOO AND ROJO STORIES

1) So
O,magazine had a really good article on mothers and daughters talking about sex. I read the article, asked Woohoo to read it, then asked her if she had any questions.

"Just one," she said.
Oh, boy, I thought, here we go...

"Where was I conceived?"

Not really where I was going with that...

2) My mom gave each kid Easter cards with $5.00 in them, Woohoo got a $5 bill and Rojo got five ones. He, within seconds, doled them out, two for STM (his favorite, just ask him, he'll tell you, and that works-beautifully-for me, since that means his "favorite" can get up at 5:15 each morning and make garlic toast), one for Woohoo and one for me, keeping one for himself.

"There," he proclaimed, "now we all have some."

3) Yesterday Woohoo came home from school upset - lots of drama (we don't miss that about high school, do we?). She was venting and Rojo was uncharacteristically quiet and attentive. He finally raised his right index finger, swept the air with it and in his best Josh from "Drake and Josh" voice said, "Don't forget the I-word, irritated!"

4) I forgot what the fourth one was, but the point is, they're cute.

20 comments:

pixiemama said...

Yeah, they're cute!

PS - (You need to teach WooHoo not to ask questions she really doesn't want to hear the answer to...)

Wanda said...

Sweet. Did I miss the transition back to garlic toast? I thought he was tired of it--or was that just a passing thing?

Oh, and by the way, how's that laundry thing working out?

Tanya @ Teenautism said...

What a sweet boy to share! Love the stories - the 4th one happens to me all the time!

Kathryn Magendie said...

*laughing*....

And gawd, I remember the "asking questions" days ....!

Michelle O'Neil said...

Very cute. The cutest.

Nancy said...

Seems to me Rojo adds just the right balance to any situation, be it the division of five dollars or a fretful teenage sister. Love to hear these stories.

Anonymous said...

So sweet, Carrie.

Jenny said...

So funny.

Robin said...

LOVE these stories, when you remember the fourth, we want to hear that one too.

Maddy said...

What a great little sharer.......you too!
Cheers

Anonymous said...

They are beyond cute! How you must love them and their ways!

Ms. TK said...

Garlic toast?! I thought we were off that!

I love the doling out of the money. God bless him.

So, uh, you show him the picture of Miss M yet? Is he interested?

Suzy said...

Did I miss the answer to # 1 somewhere???


Love you

Suzy

Alicia D said...

To reiterate #4 - So totally cute :)

Jerri said...

Over here in the waaaay cheap seats, Rojo breaks my heart and mends it, over and over.

Giving away more than he keeps. Ain't that just like the boy?

And that WooHoo has some special magic all her own, too.

LOVE these stories.

Amber said...

Very cute, indeed.

#2...extra cute.

:)

contemporary themes said...

Love them both! Super duper cute.

Deb Shucka said...

They are beyond cute, and really funny, too. Sort of like their mom. :)

kario said...

By 'conceived' she meant 'thought up,' right?

And I need to hear Rojo's Josh voice - that kid cracks me up!

Maddy said...

Yup! Very cute indeed.
Cheers