Friday, June 18, 2010

LOST


Dreamt last night I was in a road race (in a Honda Element) with the most unlikely co-pilot (someone I can loosely define as a friend). Within a few miles of the road race I took the wrong turn and was hopelessly lost.

Poof - gone was the co-pilot, gone were the road signs, gone was every sort of navigational help. I was actually driving in and through buildings I was so lost.

Pretty sure the dream has something to do with how I'm feeling about summer vacation, which starts at noon today for Rojo - Woohoo has been out over a week.

I don't have a road map. I don't have a co-pilot. I don't have a lot of road signs showing me the way through to September.

That's what I fear, but the reality is I do have a road map - a calendar with plenty of things to break up the three months. I do have a co-pilot, several, actually, STM, Flicka, Above and Beyond, babysitters, aides, friends, relatives. And I do have the road map: love.

12 comments:

Jerri said...

Plus, you have a terrific internal GPS system.

Deb Shucka said...

And Mary as your true copilot. You only have to do this one moment and I know you'll do that with grace and great good humor.

Wanda said...

And you are driving an Element. Message? Keep it basic?

Wanda said...

I always thought having an Elementwould be great. You can simply open both doors and hose them out!

Anonymous said...

It will be great! Don't worry!

Me said...

You got this!!!

You may not see it, but us looking at you from the outside know it.

Elizabeth said...

I might need to print this out, laminate and post on my bathroom mirror. Sophie is out at the end of next week and we're off on our road trip until well after Labor Day.

jess said...

best nav system on the planet.

Amber said...

Hey, you should get a map to California...That would give you something to do! We have lots of parks here, and the kids would play allllll day.

:)

Tabitha Bird said...

Beautifully said. 'I do have the road may: love'
So true. Have a wonderful summer holiday.

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

Yes, love is the road map. Love that.

kario said...

I'm betting that fancy car has a bluetooth in it that you can use to call friends on the fly if you need someone else to drive (or navigate) for a while. There is a long line of us who would be willing to jump in and ride for a bit with you all.

Love you.