TOP 5 REASONS I'M TOTALLY COMING
BACK AS MY HAIR IN MY NEXT LIFE
- It is a true non-conformist. It does not care what the style is, was or is going to be. It calls the shots.
- It is impervious to perms, color, bad haircuts, it still maintains its own agenda.
- It has strong boundaries. Where the part is, the part is. Not one hair crosses over the part line. Each side is clear about their "zone".
- No matter how many different hair dressers try, all cuts end up looking like some small variation of the hairstyle I've had since first grade.
- It defies color "labeling". It is not, nor ever has been primarily one color or another. It refuses to be put into some neat box that can be checked off, or identified on a driver's license. It's its own color.
TOP 5 THINGS I'M ALMOST TOO EMBARRASSED TO ADMIT
- My son now tells everyone he sees that there's "not a bruise on him", since he's heard his mother boast all summer that she hasn't beaten him.
- My son can make the "put me in a straight jacket" pantomime like nobody's business, after seeing his mother model such behavior all summer.
- My son is impervious to being told, repeatedly, that he is killing me.
- My new favorite word is "impervious".
- I spend a lot of time trying to maintain sanity by devising top 10 lists and choosing my new favorite word.